Book Fair / World Book Day
World Book Day was on Thursday 7st March 2019. As part of our drive to maintain, promote and engage pupil interest in reading, our school celebrated the event by having a ‘dress up day’. On this day, children had the option of coming to school dressed as a favourite character from any book.
The aim was to promote the enjoyment of reading and give the children in our school a sense of all they can gain from books.
‘World Book Day competitions” , book club meetings and other activities were held in the school on that day. Our school Book Fair is taking place from the 6th– 15th of March and it is our hope that the activities and fun held on the 7st will add to the excitement of “The Book Fair”.
Here is a list of sample activities on in the school during this period:
- Children to dress up as their favourite book character
- Visiting Author; Olive Mooney (Wednesday March 6th)
- Book review (oral or written)
- Drawing a Comic Strip of favourite book
- Designing a book cover
- Book quiz
- Class teacher/ Teachers from other classes reading stories/ poems
- Drawing favourite book character
- Hot seating a character from a book
- Dramatisation of story/ scene from a book
- Showing DVD of film based on a book
- Classes designing screen saver for computer/ IWB
Please talk about your own favourite book at home and help instil a love of reading.
Article in Spring edition of PA Newsletter.
Visiting Author- Olive Mooney